Fasolada Soup is a hearty Greek Cannellini Bean Soup that’s prepared with 100% Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil. OPA!
Fasolada (Cannellini Bean Soup)
- 2 pounds Dry Cannellini Beans
- 3 medium Tomatoes grated
- 2 medium Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cubed
- 1 Chili Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 3-4 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parsley thinly chopped
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 quarts Water lukewarm
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Scallions for garnish
- We have to prepare the cannellini beans from the night before, by soaking them in a bowl, covered with water. This way it will take us less time to boil them.
- Strain the beans, put them in a pot with boiling water and boil them for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and strain them.
- Put them back in a pot, add lukewarm water and bring to a boil. Then add the tomatoes, carrots, onions, the tomato paste diluted in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sugar and boil on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes.
- Afterwards add the peppers, celery, parsley, salt and pepper to taste and continue boiling, for about 10 more minutes, until the beans and vegetables are soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve the "fasolada" garnished with scallions.